There are two ways to upload files to servers of Fox Rendefarm:
- WEB: Users may upload files through web, which supports multi-thread uploading and continuous transmission on the breakpoint. WEB uploading can only be proceeded via IE browser.
- FTP: "Transmission at break-points" will work when the network recovers if you meet a sudden interruption during uploading. (Jump to "FTP Upload Guide")
If you use a Windows system or IE browser, WEB uploading is recommended.
How to use Fox Renderfarm on Mac / Linux?
Before uploading, please make sure you understand the structure of directory in Fox's system.
The Web-Upload function is only available on IE browser. Since there is no IE browser on Mac and Linux, you are not able to upload or download files via Web. However, you still can monitor render tasks on all kinds of browser. If you need to upload or download files, please use Filezilla Fox Mac or Filezilla Fox Linux. Please contact customer representative for FTP settings.
After registration, you will get a space of 100G which contains 3 folders named as "max_project", "maya_project", and "vray_standalone". (Different user can only see his own directories.)
Users can see these directories in both WEB uploading and FTP uploading:
Please upload relative files into corresponding directories.
Guide for WEB uploading:
- Log into Fox Renderfarm via IE browser. Check the left-hand menu "Upload File". If this is your first time to use web-upload function, a dialogue box will pop up at the top of your browser, asking whether you are going to install this widget:
- To install this widget please click on it and a dialogue box will pop up, select "Install" as it is shown below (Please note that only IE 32 bit can install this widget.):
- Please refresh the page after installation to make sure it runs correctly.
Then click "Add Files" to choose files and click "Start Upload" as shown below:
- After the uploading is done, click "Refresh" to reload the file list and you can find the uploaded files. To unzip the uploaded package, just click "Extract":
- After extraction is done, finally you can turn to "Submit Render Task".
Guide for FTP uploading
To use FTP for uploading, here is the information you need to know:
FTP Host: ftp.foxrenderfarm.com
Username: your id
PASSWORD: your registered password
If you do not have FTP:
- Download and setup FTP.
For download link, please click here: Download FileZilla
After setting up FTP, you will see an icon on your desktop:
- Run FTP and input information as shown below:
Username your id
Password: your registered password
Then click "Quickconnect"
- After connection, you will see three folders "maya_project", "max_project" and "vray_standalone".
Select the folder you are going to upload files to, for example, maya_project.
Then right-click the archive file on your local disk and select "upload" on the popup menu, then the progress bar will be shown at the bottom:
- Please wait until the progress bar shows 100%.