Houdini rendering error solutions
Notes for submission
- The specific version used for Houdini rendering will be automatically selected by the system, based on the principles as follows: the system will automatically match Houdini version saved last for the hip file, and if there’s no matching version, the system will automatically select the highest version near to such version, for example, if the saved version is 15.5.480 version but there’s no such version, then the system will select the highest version near to it, for example 15.5.523 version. The system only provides the version of Production Build.
- Regarding the references to project-related variables, it’s suggested to use “$HIP” variable for reference to all external resources, such as texture or cache. Also, disk mapping and custom variables certainly can be used. In the case of custom variable, it’s necessary to inform our TD to prepare for matching.
- The OTL part in Houdini plugins only requires for placing the “otl” or “otls” file containing otl plugin anywhere in the project root directory (the topmost directory at the time of upload).
- Regarding the path mapping crossing the system platforms, in case you need to put the files produced under Linux or Unix system to Windows system for rendering, then ensure the contents of the project files are in the same root directory and then inform our TD to prepare for configuration matching.
- Check the analysis log to obtain the Houdini version used for analysis, and then check whether there is Houdini file of such version at the path D:\PLUGINS\houdini, if not, it means the copy fails, then contact the online customer service.
- Maybe the hip file is missing, check the analysis log to obtain the location information of hip file and whether the hip file exists or not, whether the size and date thereof are consistent with those of the local files, and if not, then reupload it for analysis.
- Check the related textures to see whether any cache file exists or not, if not, then upload related file and try again.
- Observe the progress activity is normal or not during the rendering, whether the progress of reading file and cache and other resources has timeout or not due to the network or storage reasons. If the situation is caused due to the big scale of cache in Houdini rendering, then alleviate it by reducing the number of nodes that’re rendered at the same time.
- If necessary, open the file to see the node information based on the log’s information, for example, whether such resource exists under the resource path referenced by the node.
Wrong rendering effects
Check the rendering log to see whether there’s the prompt of any missing texture, if yes, enter the project file’s directory to check whether such texture exists or not, if not, notify the customer to upload it and try again. The loss of lighting texture is the most common cause of wrong rendering effects.