Big News! 3ds Max 2021 Is Now Available
Hey guys! Let’s check out the new features in the lately released 3ds Max 2021.1, including texture baking improvements, Arnold as Default Renderer, expanded PBR workflow capabilities, viewport, fluid and modeling tool enhancements.
The feature-rich update is targeted at modernizing and upgrading performance for artist workflows across design visualization and media and entertainment disciplines.
Bake to Texture:
- Output now supports multi-tile UV mapping (UDIM)
- Animated map outputs are now supported as well as multiple animated frames
- Various usability improvements.
Model courtesy of TurboSquid and their artist, Luke_Ahearn.
- The Fluid loader is now exposed so that object types such as particle systems can work with the data
- The Velocity channel now reports correct information when not using meters as your default scene scale. This fix will enable motion blur in your renderer
- PRT now supports a signed and unsigned integer values (via .ini change).
Interactive Extrusion and Inset:
- Users can now utilize a Shift+Drag (left mouse button) with the Move transform tool to extrude polygon component selections when using an Editable Poly or an Edit Poly modifier
- Shift+Drag with the Scale transform tool now performs a polygonal inset action on selected polygon component selections when using an Editable Poly or an Edit Poly modifier
- Clone/Copy actions are now performed with Ctrl+Shift+Drag when using the Move transform tool on the polygon component on and Editable Poly or an Edit Poly modifier.
- Depth of field now affects the environment map
- Vignetting scale is now the same value as defined in the camera
- Matte/Shadows material now work in the viewport
- Each view can now have its own exposure, white-balance and vignette settings.
- MAXtoA 4.0.4
- AOV token system
- Animation support for Alembic
- Increased shader spinner accuracy
- Bake to Texture support for projection of normals from high to low resolution, normals spaces, and Mikkt.
Enhancements and Changes
Weighted Normals Modifier
Now includes support for multi-threaded processing to enhance speed and performance when performing calculations as well as other stability improvements.
Explicit Normals Preservation for Mesh
Applying an Edit Mesh modifier no longer invalidates explicit normals, nor do the following actions: Attach, Detach to Object, Detach to Element, Clone to Object, Clone to Element, Detach as Clone to Element.
Both PBR materials now support displacement.
Shared Views now supports Physical material.
SketchUp model importation
There is improved handling of internal edge visibility, improving the imported mesh quality, and SketchUp 2020 models are now supported.
Slate Material Editor
The Slate Material Editor now pans and zooms smoother and faster when using a 4k monitor. In addition, the Search field has been improved to perform global search through all materials and maps in the editor. For example, if you were searching for the Advanced Wood map and typed "wood," the old search would not find it but now it will.
Render output size
HDTV resolution of 1280 x 720 is the new default output size.
When you work with UDIM, you are now able to view all textures in the viewport when using the Bitmap Lookup OSL shader, instead of just viewing one as when using the Multi-Tile map.
User Defined Defaults
Allows you to set your own default values for ParamBlock2 supported spinner, radial, checkbox, or input field through MAXScript calls.
Depth of field now affects the environment map, the vignetting scale is now the same value as defined in the camera, Matte/Shadows materials now work in the viewport, and each viewport can now have their own exposure, white-balance and vignette settings.
How to render large scenes with Redshift in Cinema 4D
Arnold\ V-Ray\ Octane\ Conora\ RedShift, Which Renderer Is The Best?
How to Render High-quality Images in Blender
How the Redshift Proxy Renders the Subdivision
China Film Administration Release New License Logo
Maya 2018 Arnold's Method of Making Motion Vector Blur in AOV Channel
Corona Renderer Learning - Denoising
Redshift for Cinema 4D Tutorial: Interior Design Rendering
Previous: 3ds Max Tutorials: Semi-realistic 3D Game Scene Interior Production Sharing(1)
Next: Virtual Production：Past, Present, and Future(3)