2019 GDC UE4 Real-Time Rendering Short Film: Rebirth
Recently, the Game Developers Conference was held in San Francisco at the Moscone Convention Center. Fox Renderfarm as a professional cloud rendering service provider, focus more on Unity's real-time technology, today share with you a short film Rebirth completed by UE4 in GDC, click on the video, let's enjoy this short film first.
The short film of this photo street realism released by Quixel, directed by the CEO of Quixel, is based on the real-world scan data in the Megascans library, and is produced and rendered by Unreal Engine.
Believe me, you see more than just a landscape map. The short film is an Icelandic scene similar to the science fiction style. The fast-moving future car travels across the volcanic belt and heads for a huge industrial building.
WTH, is this film over? The end of the short film is very sudden. The people who read it are estimated to be thinking inside. Is this telling the story? We haven't seen enough yet?
In order to make this project, Quixel spent more than a month searching more than 1,000 scans in Iceland.
An animation team of 3D artists was produced and exported in Unreal Engine 4.21 at a 1:45 ratio of Unreal Scenes. They created a physical camera device that uses virtual reality technology to capture motion information in the Unreal Engine.
At the end of the short film, we also saw that Houdini is also on the list of production software, but the official information on Houdini has not been published yet.
Quixel has brought together many powerful artists in the production of Rebirth . For example, the former 3D art director of Blizzard Entertainment participated in conceptual art production. Two artists from Ember Lab, a well-known digital media studio, are also authors of the science fiction short film Dust . Responsible for the development of the narrative story of this short film.
In the GDC UE4 real-time rendering short film Rebirth , I have to feel that the illusion is really powerful, don't worry about what the short film says, the technical display is higher than the movie description.
5 Tips for Short Films Post-editing
Short Films shooting follows the process: ‘Pre-production’-Shooting-‘Post-editing’. Completed the front two steps, only 2/3 of the entire short film production is completed. However, post-editing is the crux of many people. Short cuts, rough picks, and compression time are all tests of the maker's skills and abilities.
The following several post-editing tips are cloud rendering recommend:
- Cut: When synthesizing, replace the 1-2 frame with a simple cut, and the transition will be smoother.
- Flash white: In the editing of the clip, if you do not directly use white frame overlay, post-editing can try to increase the gamma and brightness on the original material to make a simple animation, and then re-stack. In the picture thus formed, the bright part is first white, and then the whole picture is white (it is better to keep something visible even in the whitest).
- Composition: In addition to serious, authoritative and other performance scenes, try to use asymmetric composition method; consider the composition as much as possible from the perspective of video production editing and articulation, not too obsessed with single-screen composition, should consider dynamic, time and Space has a changing stereo composition.
- Sound and picture: For the ambient sound, it is not necessary to strictly correspond to the production and editing of the video screen. Generally speaking, the ambient sound first enters and exits. It is better to stagger the 1-2 frames according to the waveform and the cut point of the picture. Use the eyes and ears to feel it. Don't be too persistent with the waveform and the cut point. Sometimes it is necessary to consider that the sound of the environment corresponding to the sound transmitted to your machine may be slightly delayed than the "environmental scene". For the live radio and post production of some large scenes, we should pay attention to this, after all, the transfer speed of light and sound is vary greatly.
- Picture color: pure black or pure white picture try to avoid, if you want to use black, you can use a very dark red or blue instead. If you feel that the film is not bright enough or not dark enough, you can use the relative method of increasing the area or proportion of the bright part, but try to avoid the absolute method of overall highlighting or darkening. For the texture of metallic luster, the main principle is that “gold is not afraid of black”, that is to say, the metal texture must have dark parts. Try to use moving lights to create a flowing high-gloss effect instead of reflective texture. It can be made with negative light in dark part. Render farm hopes to help you in the short films post-editing by the five tips recommend above.
CG Bilby Production Process Technical Analysis
In recent years, many companies have paid more and more attention to animated short film projects in addition to making feature films. These short films can be used as a platform for training new directors, as well as testing new animation tools and techniques. For example, DreamWorks Animation opened their short film project last year - Bilby, which is also one of contenders in 91st Oscar for best animated short film. The 8-minute, non-contrast film tells a story about persistence and companionship. In the Australian outback desert, a desert-dwelling marsupial(aka bilby) not only survives in a hostile environment, but also endures the daily harassment of deadly natural enemies. On the way to escape, I happened to meet a young bird. Bilby, who didn't want to gossip, turned out to be a "guardian". After many trials and tribulations, she protected and accompanied the young bird until it could fly. The storyline of the animated short film is simple and clear, and the various details depicting Bilby's inner struggles, fears, and ignorance of the young birds. Bilby is the transformation of DreamWorks' three animators to the directors. They are animators, storyboards and character designers Pierre Perifel, chief animated characterist Liron Topaz and animation director JP Sans. While using montage expression techniques, they tested the light renderer Moonray, discrete tools Sprinkles, wind systems for grass and hair, and animation tools for looping animations. Director Pierre said that using montage to achieve two goals. The first is to express that Bilby is very reluctant to take care of the young birds when they meet, and to the accompanying and caring of the young birds. The second goal is to play in a playful way. It is dangerous and terrible to show the world. Moonray is a physics-specific renderer developed by DreamWorks, and Bilby is its first testing platform. Prior to this, the producer had to fake to achieve realistic results, but with Moonray's inference of light, reflected light, and physics, rendering can start with a physical basis, which is completely different from before. The production process of "Bilby" is actually the basic test process of Moonray. Problems, debugging, and problem solving. In order to be able to apply this physical rendering engine to the production of other films, the production team conducted various trial and error and debugging work. The Sprinkles system played an important role in the production of some near-ground shots. It captures existing preset assets such as small gravel, branches, leaves and other things on the ground. Filling these assets on the ground with commands like a 3D brush avoids complex manual operations and makes the picture more authentic. Bilby story version show:
China Film Administration Release New License Logo
Maya 2018 Arnold's Method of Making Motion Vector Blur in AOV Channel
How the Redshift Proxy Renders the Subdivision
Arnold\ V-Ray\ Octane\ Conora\ RedShift, Which Renderer Is The Best?
Corona Renderer Learning - Denoising
Arnold\ V-Ray\ Octane\ Conora\ RedShift, Which Renderer Is The Best?
Is This Simulated By Houdini? No! This Is Max!
Arnold Render Farm | Fox Render Farm