Call for Submission! Hidden Alley: A Community Project of Poly Haven
Following the success of the community project: The Shed, the Poly Haven Blog has introduced a new theme: The Hidden Alley, which aims to create a library of free and open 3D assets with artists through this competition.
According to Poly Haven Blog, they want the participants to make props that would fit the alleyway theme. They will create an environment for these props to go in, and share all the assets openly on polyhaven.com, along with the final scene itself.
Image via Poly Haven
Theme: The Hidden Alley
Dark and narrow alleys, which hidden between towering buildings, yet it has a certain charm that attracts those brave enough to explore their depths.
Reference (image via Poly Haven)
Create as many assets as you like, however, only your top 3 will be eligible for prizes. Just remember that quality matters more than quantity.
The project will conclude on the 22nd of May.
How to Enter
They have a public Trello board where you can share the progress of your asset, ask for feedback and Submit your asset. Check out the Trello invitation link on the Poly Haven Blog’s page.
Join the Discord community of the project.
It is of utmost importance that your assets can legally be published as CC0. This means submissions that include any copyrighted content of any kind will be rejected.
- All entries must be original works.
- In order to help the organizer verify your work, you will need to provide a list of all the sources or information regarding any resources you had used that you did not make yourself. This includes which texture resources you used on your 3D model.
- The organizer encourages you to favor quality over quantity, though there is no limit to how many assets you can submit. Each prop should be a separate submission.
- Any software can be used as long as the work that is produced allows it to be released as CC0.
- 3D scanned assets will be allowed as long as the asset does not include any copyrighted or trademarked material and meets the requirements of the organizer.
Learn more about the prize, detailed rules and asset requirements of The Hidden Alley project.
Source: Poly Haven Blog
Recent News List
The Spiderwick Chronicles: A New Series Coming to Roku2024-02-29
V-Ray 6 for Maya, Update 2: Chaos Unveils New Features and Enhancements2024-02-28
Kaizen's Monthly Challenge Lunar Landscapes Winners Announced!2024-02-27
From Console to Cinema: Borderlands Movie Sparks Interstellar Excitement!2024-02-26
Behind the Scenes of Image Engine’s Stunning Visual Effects in Netflix’s ‘Lift’2024-02-23
클라우드 렌더링은 무엇인가?2024-02-22
'Twisters' Gets its Official Trailer2024-02-22
Disney+ Shares Official Trailer for 'Iwájú'2024-02-21
Marvel Entertainment Drops Official Teaser for 'Deadpool & Wolverine'2024-02-20