Call for Submissions: SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 Computer Animation Festival
As the leading cloud rendering services provider, Fox Renderfarm is here to bring to you a news about SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 Computer Animation Festival.
The SIGGRAPH Asia 2022 Computer Animation Festival (SACAF 2022) is now open for submissions. The festival invites creators from around the world to submit their projects and help showcase the world’s most innovative and exciting computer animation.
This coming December, SACAF 2022 will convene in Daegu, South Korea to celebrate the vibrant, diverse, and inspiring world of computer animation. From short films to scientific visualizations to AI-enhanced deepfakes, this year’s festival promises its most expansive and compelling program ever.
An international jury of top computer animation experts will judge the best works entered in each category; from that pool of top picks, they will hand out three prestigious 2022 awards: Best Student Project, Jury Special, and Best in Show. In addition, judges will select between 30-40 (or more) “best of the best” works from across the submission pool, to be curated into the two “stars” of the festival: the always spectacular Electronic Theater and Animation Theater screenings.
Each year, the Electronic Theater and Animation Theater never fail to dazzle and delight conference audiences eager to sit back and enjoy an entertaining and thought-provoking sample of the world’s best CG animation.
If it’s animated, and a computer was used at some part of its production, SACAF 2022 wants to see it! Join the festivities and help the festival honor the best in CG animation -- submit your latest projects in any of the following categories:
- Computer Animated Shorts: Includes character animation, narrative works, experimental works, opening sequences, game cinematics, selections and/or montages of animated television series, new-media format.
- Animated Feature Films: Selections and/or montages of computer animation created for animated feature films.
- Music Videos: Commissioned and/or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects, and live-action to illustrate, enhance, and/or complement a musical creation.
- TV and Web Commercials: Advertisements created entirely or partially with computer animation and/or digital effects. This category also includes promotional spots, broadcast bumpers and graphics, and public service announcements.
- Visualizations and Simulations: Computer animations created to explain, analyze, or visualize information for applications including scientific research, architecture, engineering, systems simulations, education, and documentary projects.
- Visual Effects for Films and TV Programs: Selections and/or montages of visual effects created for live-action films and/or for television programs.
- Real-Time Animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that are rendered in the same amount of time that it takes to play them back. Real-time technology demos are also encouraged! Real-time technology demos should be submitted to Real-Time Live!
- Others: Computer Animations that do not fit in any of the above categories.
The submission deadline is 15 August 2022. Visit the SACAF 2022 webpage for more information, including how to submit, submission rules and requirements, and an FAQ.
Or you can submit your work directly by logging into the SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System.
Please share the news with classmates, team members, and colleagues - SACAF 2022 wants to see their work too!
“Using new creative tools and collaboration platforms – from virtual production and game engine-based real-time workflows to visualizations powered by cloud-based, high-performance virtual workstations – more CG-enabled animation is being produced than ever before,” says SACAF 2022 Chair and AWN publisher and editor-in-chief, Dan Sarto. “People are back in theaters, streamers are stuffing their platforms with animated entertainment content for all audiences in all genres, the metaverse is on everyone’s tongues, and technology companies big and small continue to expand how big data can more easily and quickly be turned into useful imagery. We can’t wait to see the latest, most compelling, and inspiring computer animated works produced around the world. Be well, stay safe, and hopefully, we’ll see you this coming December in Daegu!”
BY SIGGRAPH Asia
Recent News List
Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile is Scheduled for Release in October (2022 Film)2022-08-11
Fox Renderfarm Supports Forest Pack And RailClone Now!2022-08-09
The Making of “Kagura”, A Photorealistic CG Animation Created by Kay John Yim2022-08-08
Watch 'Cars on the Road' of Disney and Pixar on September!2022-08-05
E.D. Films Drops Fictional Animated Short 'Return to Hairy Hill' Trailer2022-08-05
Interview with Ruming Cao, 1st Place of Hum3D Flying Cars 3D Competition2022-08-03
Blender Foundation Announced that Blender 3.3 Officially Entered Beta2022-07-29
Netflix Drops Stop-Motion Animated Film 'Pinocchio' Official Trailer2022-07-28