Call for Submissions: SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival
The SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival is open for submissions! There's only a month left!
As the long-term partner of SIGGRAPH Asia, Fox Renderfarm is committed to providing more opportunities for CG artists to show their talents, so now we invite creators from around the world to submit their projects and showcase the world’s most innovative and exciting computer animation.
This coming 17 - 20 November, the SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival will convene in Daegu, South Korea, to celebrate the vibrant, diverse, and inspiring world of computer animation. From short films to scientific visualizations to AI-enhanced deepfakes, this year’s festival promises its most expansive and compelling program ever.
An international jury of top computer animation experts will judge the best works entered in each category; from that pool of top picks, they’ll hand out three prestigious 2020 awards: Best Student Project, Jury Special, and Best in Show. In addition, the judges will select between 30-40 (or more) “best of the best” works from across the submission pool, to be curated into the two “stars” of the festival: the always spectacular Electronic Theater and Animation Theater screenings.
Each year, both the Electronic Theater and Animation Theater never fail to dazzle and delight conference audiences eager to sit back and enjoy an entertaining and thought-provoking sample of the world’s best CG animation.
If it’s animated, and a computer was used at some part of its production, we want to see it! Join the festivities and honor the best in CG animation -- submit your latest projects in any of the following categories:
- Computer Animated Shorts: Includes character animation, narrative works, experimental works, opening sequences, game cinematics, selections and/or montages of animated television series, new-media format.
- Animated Feature Films: Selections and/or montages of computer animation created for animated feature films.
- Music Videos: Commissioned and/or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects, and live-action to illustrate, enhance, and/or complement a musical creation.
- TV and Web Commercials: Advertisements created entirely or partially with computer animation and/or digital effects. This category also includes promotional spots, broadcast bumpers and graphics, and public service announcements.
- Visualizations and Simulations: Computer animations created to explain, analyze, or visualize information for applications including scientific research, architecture, engineering, systems simulations, education, and documentary projects.
- Visual Effects for Films and TV Programs: Selections and/or montages of visual effects created for live-action films and/or for television programs.
- Real-Time Animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that are rendered in the same amount of time that it takes to play them back. Real-time technology demos are also encouraged! Real-time technology demos should be submitted to Real-Time Live!
- Others: Computer Animations that do not fit in any of the above categories.
Make sure you remember that all submissions must be received by 31 July, 2020, 23:59 UTC/GMT.
Please share the news with classmates, team members, and colleagues - SACAF 2020 wants to see their work too!
Click here for more information, including how to submit, submission rules and requirements, and an FAQ.
Aiming to promote the CG industry, Fox Renderfarm provides fast and secure render farm service for CG Artists all over the world to empower them to focus more on creation.
Stay safe, keep creating, Fox Renderfarm hopes to see you at SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival this coming November!
Recent News List
2 M’sian Animated Films Won National Winners at the 2020 Asian Academy Creative Awards (AAA)2020-10-22T09:14:59.790Z
How to Create a CG Scene in Norman Rockwell Style in Blender2020-10-15T10:32:22.337Z
How to Create an Allegorical Representation of the Birth of Cinema in an Animated Short2020-10-12T09:26:07.355Z
Remaking the Iconic Cartoon Characters Into Life in Maya and 3ds Max2020-09-28T10:22:25.412Z
FGT Community is online now!2020-09-22T09:01:28.560Z
FGT3D Hero Challenge Winners Announced2020-09-18T09:40:12.418Z
Fox’s Got Talent July Winner Revealed: How to Make a Realistic Car Render With Redshift2020-09-14T07:54:31.984Z
The Korean version of the website is now available2020-09-11T10:04:40.660Z
Fox Renderfarm will E-meet You @ Kre8tif! 20202020-09-01T08:39:53.852Z