SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival Submission Deadline Extended To 15 August 2020
Entries being accepted in multiple categories, including shorts, visualizations, VFX sequences, game cinematics, and real-time pieces
22 July 2020 – To support the recently announced move online for SIGGRAPH Asia 2020, ACM SIGGRAPH’s annual conference and exhibition on computer graphics and interactive techniques in Asia, the SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival (SACAF 2020) has extended the deadline for submissions to 15 August 2020. Conference dates and more program details will be announced as they become available.
The festival is looking for new, innovative animated content in a host of categories. If your project used a computer for some part of the production, SACAF 2020 wants to see it! Creators from around the world are invited to submit their projects and help showcase the world’s best, most inspiring, entertaining, and cutting-edge computer animation.
An international jury of computer animation experts will judge the best works entered in each category; from that pool of top picks, they will hand out three prestigious 2020 awards: Best Student Project, Jury Special, and Best in Show. In addition, judges will select between 30-40 (or more) “best of the best” works from across the submission pool, to be curated into the two “stars” of the festival: the always spectacular Electronic Theater and Animation Theater programs.
Each year, the Electronic Theater and Animation Theater never fail to dazzle and delight conference audiences eager to sit back and enjoy an entertaining and thought-provoking sample of the world’s best CG animation. This year, online audiences will have instant access to both shows, as well as all the festival’s special programming!
There is no entry fee, and you can enter as many projects as you like. Join the festivities and help the festival honor the best in CG animation -- submit your latest projects in any of the following categories:
- Computer Animated Shorts: Includes character animation, narrative works, experimental works, opening sequences, game cinematics, selections and/or montages of animated television series, new-media format.
- Animated Feature Films: Selections and/or montages of computer animation created for animated feature films.
- Music Videos: Commissioned and/or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects, and live action to illustrate, enhance, and/or complement a musical creation.
- TV and Web Commercials: Advertisements created entirely or partially with computer animation and/or digital effects. This category also includes promotional spots, broadcast bumpers and graphics, and public service announcements.
- Visualizations and Simulations: Computer animations created to explain, analyze, or visualize information for applications including scientific research, architecture, engineering, systems simulations, education, and documentary projects.
- Visual Effects for Films and TV Programs: Selections and/or montages of visual effects created for live-action films and/or for television programs.
- Real-Time Animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that are rendered in the same amount of time that it takes to play them back. Real-time technology demos are also encouraged! Real-time technology demos should be submitted to Real-Time Live!
- Others: Computer Animations that do not fit in any of the above categories.
The submission deadline is 15 August 2020. Visit the SACAF 2020 webpage for more information, including how to submit, submission rules and requirements, and an FAQ.
Or, you can submit your work directly by logging into the SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System.
Please share the news with classmates, team members, and colleagues - SACAF 2020 wants to see their work too!
“The unique circumstances we face in staying safe while battling the deadly COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated moving the conference, including SACAF 2020, online,” says SACAF 2020 Chair and AWN publisher and editor-in-chief, Dan Sarto. “But we’re planning to take advantage of this new digital format and share our exciting programs of the best CG animated works with people around the world. We’ve extended the festival submission deadline to 15 August, so now there’s really no excuse for you not to enter!”
"These are tough times for the artist community as we come to terms with the economic impact of the deadly coronavirus COVID-19,” adds SACAF 2020 Co-Chair and Destiny Logic Director & Producer, Siva Kumar Kasetty. “Let’s stay strong and support each other in whatever possible ways we can. Let’s fuel our resilience and passion to tide us through these tough times!”
As the long-term partner of SIGGRAPH Asia, Fox Renderfarm, your TPN-Accredited cloud rendering service provider, is committed to providing more opportunities for CG artists to show their talents, so we invite creators from around the world to submit their projects and showcase the world’s most innovative and exciting computer animation.
Recent News List
The Rebirth of the Phoenix, Introducing 3D Artist and Entrepreneur, Reinaldo Handaya2021-04-19
Evergreen Program: Fuel the Community with Vigor and Vitality2021-04-16
Creating Memorable Animations:Introducing Kukari Animation Studio2021-04-13
Discovering New Things With Innocence and Euphoria in 3D World2021-04-09
How to Make a Planet Explorer With ZBrush2021-04-09
13-Year of Exciting CG Journey: Introducing FGT Art February Winner, Rahul Venugopal2021-04-06
Shifting the Boundary of Physical and Virtual Worlds in 3D Art: Introducing Designer & Director, LIU Xin(2)2021-03-23
Shifting the Boundary of Physical and Virtual Worlds in 3D Art: Introducing Designer & Director, LIU Xin(1)2021-03-23